Quick links to Year 3 Home Learning for:
Please note - it is not possible for us to thoroughly check every external web page that we link to. Please make sure your child is supervised while using the internet, and that they know what to do if something pops up that makes them feel uncomfortable.
Home Learning expectations.
At Bartley School we would like to encourage the children to continue to enjoy their learning at home. We believe this will help them to embed the learning they have completed in school. Over each week we would like all children to complete the following.
Spellings - All words and strategies are available on the website.
- Please spend time at home learning the current spelling pattern that has been set for the year group.
- Read over and learn Year 3 and 4 National Curriculum statutory spelling words.
- Use different strategies that you have been taught in class. EG Pyramid.
- Please read with your child at least five times a week and sign their reading diary to confirm this has been completed. This could be a book from home, book from school or Bug Club book. Sharing a book and reading to your child will also give them experience of richer texts.
- Ensure that at least two of the reading sessions are on the Bug Club site, answering the questions related to the book.
- In addition, one of the home learning challenges could also be to write a book review (please find examples and a template in classrooms or on the website).
- To compete on Mathletics at least two times a week. Please encourage you children to explore the different topics and levels in Mathletics. Your child’s teacher may set them some specific questions to complete.
- At least once a week, learn and play games linked to the times tables. Times tables are available on Mathletics.
- Try to involve your child in as much real life maths as possible throughout the week. For example, telling the time, using money, recognising shapes in the environment and measurement.
- Use examples from the website that show different methods learnt in class.
Children could also choose do some extra work on their current or future topic area. These are available as overviews on the website. They could:
- Read about the topic
- Create an information page of their own.
- Create art linked to the topic or artists that follow that theme.
- Form word banks that could be shared and discussed in class.
Many thanks for your continued support to encourage and help develop your wonderful children.