'Think for Yourself, Act for Each Other'
At Bartley C of E Junior School we welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010 as a provider and an employer.
We recognise that it is our duty to ensure that all pupils have the right to an inclusive education regardless of their background, ethnicity or personal circumstance and therefore provide opportunities for all. We seek to carry out our responsibilities through our embedded Christian Ethos values:
These pervade our everyday work as recognised by our 'outstanding' SIAMs report, 2015.
Through these values we set out to ensure that:
- Everyone within the school community is treated with fairness and respect
- The school is a loving community where everyone can achieve regardless of their background, ethnicity or circumstance
- The school is a safe, stimulating, welcoming and engaging place for all
- Pupils who require extra support receive this in order to help them achieve and be successful
- We provide excellence in everyday teaching practise
- We welcome the input and feedback from different groups within our communities including children, parents, carers, governors and school staff and act upon this
- Nobody within the school community receives harassment or discrimination
By doing this we recognise that a positive and inclusive culture within our learning community will, in turn, generate a purposeful and successful learning environment where everyone can feel truly valued and supported. We also recognise that equality can only be achieved through cohesion within this community and through rigorous monitoring of our aims.
As such we regularly set equality targets. Our targets are currently under review and will be published here shortly in a separate document.