Home Learning is a really important part of your child's learning and it can really help improve their progress while they are at Bartley and beyond.
Our expectations for Home Learning are that your child:
- Reads everyday - this should be documented in their 'Reading Diary'. We would recommend 10-15 minutes as a minimum - but the more the better! You child can also use Showbie to record themselves reading aloud which the class teacher can then listen to. This should be done weekly.
- Century - your child can access learning which compliments the learning going on in school using this fantastic website that learns your child's strengths and areas for improvement over time. There are courses for children from Y3-6 in: Mathematics; Multiplication times tables; SPAG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar); Science. There is also a reading comprehension course for children in Y5 and 6. Please watch the video here to see how Century works. You can also use this guide to help you access the site - Century guide for children and parents
- Spelling - your child will be given a spelling list to revise each week. these are followed up by weekly tests to check progress in class. Please see your child's Showbie class page for this list.
- Bug Club - this is for Y3 and Y4 children. This is a reading program which your child can move through appropriate books and then quiz themselves on to check they have understood. Your child's class teacher will have the log in details for this. You can find out more information here.
- Times Tables - we would actively encourage you to help your child learn their times tables so they are confident at recalling all of them up to the 12x table by the end of Y4.